How do five universities in five African countries work together to produce the best translators and conference interpreters on the continent?
The simple answer: through the PAMCIT network.
Since setting up its Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya, in July 2016, PAMCIT has:
- Signed up 5 recognised African universities
- Harmonised selection, assessment and course content across the universities
- Offered Master’s programmes in 4 languages – all the official AU languages, 4 of the 6 official UN languages
- Welcomed 125 new students on Master’s programmes
- Given financial grants to 125 Master’s students, 1 PhD student and 5 universities
- Organised trainer visits and faculty training events for universities
- Provided study visits and internships for students
- Created employment opportunities for graduates
* Video courtesy of the United Nations Department for General Assembly and Conference Management